Garden tasks this February
February is hot! It is hot everywhere right now. Thankfully we took the right measures in January (read here), to help look after your veggie patch through these sweltering times.
This is just a short list of important tasks to keep your garden kicking during these hot months. But most importantly to let you spend more time cooling off by the pool or at the beach! After all, this is gardening made EASY.
- We are still in the throngs of summer, so keep mulching! Straw, wood chips, cardboard & plastic if you have to. Protect your plants.
- Water your flowering plants, especially those tomatoes! Water in the early morning so your plants can make full use of the new hydration during the course of the day.
- Fertilise! A good drench in some aerated vermi-tea will do wonders for your soil. If you don't have access to worms, a good all purpose organic fertiliser will suffice.
- Replace tired looking plants with some fresh companion plants like Marigolds, they love the sun! You can get your hands on them in our February tray here.
- On that note, you can start to sow winter crops in your freshly prepped beds that you worked on in January ;)
Direct sowing options for February
- Swiss Chard
If you are not up for the hassle of growing from seed - grab some seedlings from our February tray. Its Easy Peasy!